So I went to pick up my wedding dress today...which should have been the most exciting day of my life. Which is was...until my mom called. And in case you did not know my mom lives in Cortland. And she isn't really a huge part of my life because well..she has a very serious mental illness and is just within the past year been starting to actually get help for it, however it has been very hard for me to re-build that relationship becuase I'm a grown up and she still acts like I'm 5, she is still very manipulative, and I never know whether I can trust her or not! Fun parent to grow up with :/ So anyways....My mom was out a couple months ago and we went and I treid on like 5 or 6 dresses and then me and Andy's mom went and we tried on dresses and then I went with Hannah somewhere else but I haven't gone or done anything with Amy (Who is the one paying for the entire wedding unless my mom actually gives some money but that is highly unlikely). So I decided "Self thats not really fair that you haven't included Amy, be a nice person and invite her to pick up the dress with you" So I did. And we had a fantastic day! We went and I got the dress and tried it on, we looked at some veils and stuff and then left. We were seriously maybe at David's for maybe 30-45min then we went to the mall and got some dinner. Well meanwhile my mom went on facebook saw I was picking up my dress and decided that I was the worst child on the planet for not telling her. Mind you she lives 4-5 hours away from where we were getting the dress. So she calls me and just cries and cries and cries on the phone about how I should have included her and She is my mom not Amy(also let me explain that my mom never went to my or my brothers graduations, I haven't lived with her for about 3 year she was in recovery when I went to college and she hasn't really been a active part in my life so it wouldn't exactly make sense her coming but I still try very hard to include her) Even though Amy for the past 7 years has been a very big part o my life and hasn't been a part of the wedding dress yet. So anyways she cried on the phone for about an hour and now I just feel like an awful person and no matter what I do or who I include or disclude(becuase we all know it is impossible to include everyone) someone will get mad. It's never enough. Like last mothers day, I planned this very nice dinner I was going to go over make her dinner rent a movie I bought her some nice bath and body works stuff, but it was going to be the day after mothers day becuase I did not have a car yet and Andy and I wanted to see his mom too. Well my mom was apparentyl appaulled that we were doing something the day after and not the day of and she called and cried her eyes out on the phone, finally said she was over it and a few minutes later my Aunt called screaming at me telling me I was a terrible child, when all I was trying to do was plan so I could have a good amount of time with everyone. No matter how much I do it is never enough for anyone and it's so frustrating.
Okay I'm done venting.
PS: I bought a feather duster today for a dollar...most likely the best dollar I ever spent.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.