Monday, May 2, 2011

Thankfulness

I again am having one of those crazy I can't sleep nights. i have no idea why this keeps happening. I am way to sick and nauseous feeling to ever be able to sleep. So once again here I am ranting to whoever in the world happens to be as wide awake as I am. Today in church my pastor gave an amazing sermon on thankfulness and I can not help to think that I am never thankful enough for what God has blessed me with Maybe this is just something I do, but I have a feeling it is just human nature to complain about everything and be thankful for nothing. Seriously I am amazingly blessed by God everyday, just being able to wake up and take a hot shower and eat breakfast is something I should praise God for. I don't think about how many people there are in the world who don't have those luxuries, let alone a comfy bed to sleep in the night before. This is not a "I want to make myself and who ever happens to be reading this feel like terrible people" and I don't think that is God's plan for laying this on my heart either. I just feel as though it is something worth thinking about. Have you ever met one of those people that seriously is so thankful it makes you a little annoyed, they are seriously thankful to be thankful for things. I want that kind of thankfulness, yes I am openly admitting I want to be one of those crazy,  annoying people. I want the world to know that God doesn't just bless me the day he gives me enough to get married, or move to Colorado, or big adventurous things. He also blesses me every single day whether I want to notice it or not. 
I am not one hundred percent sure why all these crazy big topics are rolling around in my brain when all I really want to do is sleep, but at least I have a computer to type and share them and a nice warm place to lay while my mind mindlessly wanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.