I think the past year has been tough on the both of us. It was like as soon as we got back from Liberty God did so many amazing things for us, one right after another, that you would have thought that this past year would have been the year we grew exponentially in our faith's but I feel like it was the opposite, now I can't speak for Andy, but that is how it was for me anyways. It was like as soon as I got back into a swing of life here, with work and school and all that stuff I sorta left God by the way side. It wasn't that I didn't go to church or that I still didn't know He was my Savior or anything but I wasn't truly living for Him I was living for me. I read my Bible but not like I should have, more just to check that box in the morning. I definitely did not wake up every morning amazed by God's grace, I just thought about work and school and all that I had to get done that day. And I think it definately had a strain on my relationship with Andy. Not in anyway that ever caused us to ever not want to be together but I just love him differently when I am not loving Jesus. I think I was a lot more critical and just plain stressed out. It was almost like our relationship had grown stagnant. Even though we were planning a wedding and moving towards a life together, our relationship really wasn't moving anywhere. But then recently I have come back to Jesus, not that I ever strayed very far away, but it was enough that I could feel the difference in myself. And let me tell you, the past few weeks has just been like falling for Andy all over again. It's like when I open myself back up to God's love, I can let myself love Andy completely for the godly, wonderful man he is. I can fully appreciate the fact the he is the man that God gave me to spend the rest of my life with, and honestly I am so thankful for that.
He is such blessing from God to me and I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with him and honestly I know that we are going to do great things for the Lord together and that just outweighs any stress.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.