My friend Tim, who I used to work with but moved to New York City, called me last night just to catch up on each others life and we talked about moving and how crazy life has been and normal things you would talk to a friend about that has moved far away. Then as we were chatting away he said "you know, you are like my closest friend that I know absolutely nothing about" I thought that is so true! See we really only knew each other about 6 weeks before he got his job in the city, but we keep in contact better than I do with some of the people that I used to see every single day, and he said the same thing. So we sat there and just talked about why it is that certain people stay close throughout our lives and how others just sort of dissipate and how that could happen. There are people that I called my best friends that I barely talk to anymore, not just from college, but from high school, middle school, and so on. It really made me think about how much people change over time, and there are some people who stick around through those changes and others do not. Maybe it's not even because they don't want to, maybe sub-consciously we give some people the opportunity to be there for us and we don't give that same opportunity to others. I really wonder why that is. It makes me wonder what will happen with all the friends I have here. How sad it is that there is maybe going to be one or two that I really keep in close contact to and the others will just sort of fade out.
I guess I really won't know until I leave.
Reality is weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.