Tuesday, May 4, 2010

1834

Do you ever wonder what it would have been like to live in the 1800's? Do you think it would be like living now only less technology....I'm not so sure...I feel like it would have been more real. You know? Yet less real at the same time? I went to a mother daughter banquet at my grandmothers church this evening and there was this lady that spoke about some room in the library that held all the historical stuff, and she read a few newspapers articles from the 1800's and they were the coolest things! It was nothing like reading a news paper article now days, it was the most politically incorrect thing I have ever heard. She read this one about these people that threw rocks at a doctors office and the journalist was calling them names, and using all these really great adjectives, and it was purely wonderful, and I wondered what if we still published things like we didn't care, as if there was no political agenda behind them, if journalists could simply write with no fear of being sued or anything like that, and if they actually reported on real things not which celebrity lost or gained the most weight that month. I dont know. Randoms thoughts I had floating about in my brain. I feel like everyone should blog, I think I have said this before but its really great to have a place to store your thoughts, even if they are pointless and random it is one less thing crowding your brain. A less crowded brain mean s a less stressed one. I realy want to take a writing class, I wish there was a writing class where you could just write and write and write and it was graded on content not grammar and spelling because we both know I fail pretty miserably at those. Another point about the 1800's and why I think it would be cool to live back then is that they used better words, I'm pretty sure that the journalist made up some of the words that were in that article and I am pretty great at making up words. :)
Andy's family got a new dog, his name is Steve(named by the one and only Timmy). It was a stray that Chris and Jen found in the road and so they took it home, put an ad in the paper and put up flyers and they haven't heard anything in 2 weeks :( poor Steve, so Andy's mom and dad are adopting him. He is cute he is a black English cocker-spaniel and he acts like a dog named Steve would act.
I'm going to go build a time machine now.
Farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.