Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

I started this blog thinking I was going to complain about how much I miss my Valentine and how this stinks that it is my first Valentines Day, sorta alone. In fact I did write this and then deleted it all as soon as I realized how lame and pathetic that sounded.
No matter how many states away we are, nothing will change the fact that for the rest of my life I have the very best Valentine anyone could ask for. One that even when I am sick shows up with movies, cookies, and flowers, just so I didn't have to spend Valentines Day alone(Our first Valentines Day). And really when I think about it, this is not the worst Valentines Day at all. In fact, it is quite opposite, because this is the very first Valentines Day that we are beginning our life together. Even though we are apart, it is because God is preparing the path that we are going to be on together for the rest of our lives, and really, even though I miss him like crazy, that is the best possible Valentines Day gift anyone could ask for.
And at the end of the day, Valentines Day shouldn't about, going to dinner, buying nice things for each other, and being all smushy. It's not even about showing the one special person how much you care, because you should do that every day, it's not even about having one particular Valentine. To me Valentines Day is bout thanking God for every person that you care about, for reminding yourself that no matter what is going on, there are people around you that love you and will be always be there for you, yep, that is what Valentines day should be about.

Andrew Paul Cox, I love you more and more every single day, and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you! Here's to the very best Valentines gift of them all....a life with you :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.